Thursday, March 19, 2009

Meet the dancers!! 5

I know you were waiting for me!
so here today I give you...

Korakot Puangsawad A.K.A Bubble

―――How many times have you been to Japan?

It’s my first time. I’m nervous. I loved and liked Japan for a long time, and I wanted to come to Japan all the time, so I’m glad and nervous. It’s like I’m in Japan!!!

―――How is the rehearsal going?

It’s going well. Sabai Sabai! (Good good) I can do freely and I’m adapting.

―――What was your first impression of Ide’s dance?

I like it. It’s contemporary style and I like it. It’s flowing. You can’t see anything like this in Thai. When I saw Ide dance, I thought it was amazing! A fat boy dancing! I thought if he could dance, I can too!

―――What do you think of Ide?

Cute. He’s a nice person. Interesting. He gets many ideas while working. It makes me want to know what’s going to happen next, what he’s thinking.

―――What do you think “Kokashita” will be like?

I think it will be a fun show. Dance that’s not like dancing. It has a good mixture of Thai culture and Japanese culture.

―――What is your favorite Japanese food?

Sushi! Sashimi!

―――Are there any places you want to go in Japan?

Mt. Fuji.

―――Can we have a message to the Japanese audience?

I want many people to see “Kokashita”

―――Do you have any questions to the Japanese members?

Nakumura, what do you feel when you’re at home, in the studio, on stage? (Because you always have the same expression)And what does your wife think about it?


And last but of course not least, I give you Mr. choreographer, Shigehiro Ide!

―――How is the rehearsal going?

It was one of the most short creation period including the Idevian creations. But, the members had really strong originalities, so the ideas came out smoothly. I think it has become something more than I had expected.

―――Do you feel any difference between the creation in Bangkok and Tokyo?

I did make some choreography and scenes in Bangkok, but it was time to figure out what kind of movement suits who. So, when we started rehearsing in Japan, I knew everyone’s body movement, so every thing went very smoothly. I think it was a good opportunity to get to experience the creation with them directly.

―――Do you feel any difference from the Idevian Crew?

I feel that it is different from the Idevian Crew in a way that it is hard to communicate the nuances specific to the Japanese culture. But that gives way to new expressions and impressions and is very refreshing. To be specific, I feel that the tempo they have is different. The speed that they use their breath. But they adapt very well so after two or three times, they’re fine, and I think this has become really interesting

―――Was there anything you have strong impressions on about Bangkok?

I was hot. It was just hot, but when you go inside it’s cold. It was just excessive and I just laughed.

―――I think they are just all full of energy. Do they have any worries at all?

About Kero, I heard that he keeps a diary every day, but I just wonder what he’s writing. What is he writing in his diary?

No comments:

Post a Comment